Defending The Living Room
Joseph L. Ness expected customers to like the 29-inch hybrid PC/TV on display in the Studio, an upscale furniture and home-electronics shop he manages in Los Gatos, Calif. But when it went on sale on May 31, he was blown away by the reaction. One shopper put in an order for two units, totaling $7,500. Another discussed buying 20 for his school in Fresno, Calif. Then, at 7 p.m, a television crew arrived from the local NBC Inc. affiliate to shoot a two-minute feature on the product. "The response was amazing," says Ness, 35. "People kept bringing friends back to try it out."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks, Treasuries Rise as Greenback Weakens: Markets Wrap