Update Your Software While You Sleep
TO RUN PROPERLY, PERSONAL computers, like cars, demand a bit of maintenance and a periodic tuneup. An increasingly confusing problem for PC owners is keeping up with the free updates, or "patches," that software makers issue for their programs. Even if you have painstakingly registered every program with the manufacturer, you can still miss an update because a software maker may not have the resources to send free fixes to everyone. CyberMedia Inc., a software maker in Santa Monica, Calif., says it has a way to help PC owners keep their software in top form by getting updates via the Internet.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner