Commentary: Paris Should Stop Dictating DealsGail Edmondson
State intervention in business is rapidly falling out of favor in Europe, with good reason. Governments' big push to forge state-controlled industrial giants failed miserably. Many "national champions" alive today, such as French computer maker Groupe Bull, survive only because of massive taxpayer-funded bailouts. Now most countries are allowing market forces to mold more competitive companies.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Disney Buys Fox Assets in $52 Billion Split of Murdoch Realm