Helping Hands For The HeartsickDavid Greising
Stephen R. Puckett, CEO of MedCath Inc., became an entrepreneur by accident: Timid lawyers made him do it. As chief operating officer of the Charlotte Mecklenburg Hospital Authority in 1988, Puckett, now 43, was astounded when lawyers told him limits on the hospital's charter meant he couldn't establish a mobile heart-care unit. Three days later, the hospital manager quit his job and formed a company to do just that.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's