Here Comes The Cyber Judge
YOU'VE SEEN IT BEFORE: Someone posts a defamatory comment on an online service. Or an article or other form of intellectual property is illegally copied on the Net. It's all too common. What's a cyber victim to do? Since such disputes began to arise in online communities, they have generally been handled by "sysops," the people whose job it is to maintain order on online services such as CompuServe or America Online. However, on the free-form Web, there has been little recourse aside from lengthy court proceedings.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's