It Doesn't Look Like A Cakewalk For Clinton
For weeks, White House pols were cackling with delight at the spectacle of Republican candidates campaigning with all the dignity of The Gong Show contestants. President Clinton, they figured, could only benefit. But with Bob Dole's eight-state primary slam dunk on Mar. 5, the smirks vanished. Though the President holds a big lead in the polls over likely nominee Dole--and the Kansan's party is deeply divided on critical issues--Clinton's political advisers foresee a tough reelection duel this fall.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself