As women forge ahead in small business, a distinctive female view may be seen forming. Take the reasons that a person gives for starting a business in the first place--a question posed in a Roper Starch poll done for Intuit: The chance to make money was a factor for 31% of the men but only for 18% of the women, while the opportunity to be your own boss mattered to 62% of the men, but to just 48% of the women. Women consistently gave personal goals more weight.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's