Dial `A' For Aggravation
Joe Turk still hasn't forgiven Ameritech Corp., his local phone company. Last fall, a lightning storm knocked out Turk's telephone in West Allis, a Milwaukee suburb--and more than a week went by before service was restored. Being out of touch was especially worrisome for the retired 63-year-old maintenance supervisor because of his heart condition. Now he can't wait to ditch Ameritech for another local telephone company. "No questions asked, I'm gone," he says. "Whoever it is--regardless of the cost--I'm switching."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts