Ahead: Another Copper Coup?By
Idaho investor John Simplot's timing was near perfect--at least in the case of Magma Copper. Several days before Magma announced on Dec. 1 that Australia's Broken Hill Proprietary had offered $2.4 billion for it, Simplot upped his Magma stake from 5.2% to 9.8% (BW--Dec. 11). Guess what. Simplot has done exactly the same thing with ASARCO (AR): On Feb. 22, he raised his stake in ASARCO, one of the world's largest copper producers, from 5.1% to 9.8%. Could history repeat itself?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License