U.S.: Behind The Fedspeak: More Rate CutsBy
On Feb. 16, Bill Clinton threw out what amounted to a policy challenge to Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan via his Chief of Staff Leon E. Panetta. "The President believes there is some room for additional growth," Panetta told reporters. Coming from an Administration that has gone out of its way to make nice with the Fed, the remark sounded like a broadside.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Tumbles 20% as Fears of Cryptocurrency Crackdown Linger
- America’s Fastest Spy Plane May Be Back—and Hypersonic
- GE CEO Renews Pledge to Study Breakup After $6.2 Billion Stumble
- The World's Top-Selling Video Game Has a Cheating Problem
- One of the Biggest Diamonds in History Has Just Been Dug Up