For Net Surfers Who Want To Power Up NowEdward C. Baig
Crawling around the World Wide Web with a 14.4-kilobit-per-second modem can seem like cruising the freeway on a tricycle. You can check out nifty sites and sounds, all right, provided you haven't died of boredom first. Graduating to a state-of-the-art--and at $200, affordable--28.8-kbps modem surely helps, but you still may get the feeling that the Internet is passing you by.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing