China's Alarming Leap Backward
A big chill is blowing through China. With ailing reformer Deng Xiaoping out of the picture, conservative groups are reasserting their power in Beijing. The military, allied with the Communist Party and bureaucracy, is reclaiming its authority over supporters of open markets and a more liberal political society. It may be a temporary setback. Or it may not. Business beware.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders