More Power To India
Did Enron Corp. blink? After months of bitter exchanges, the natural-gas and pipeline company and Indian negotiators agreed on Jan. 8 to revive the country's controversial Dabhol power project. Last summer, Maharashtra state's new chief minister, Manohar Joshi--who rode to power on a pledge to "drive Enron into the sea"--cancelled the project, citing padded costs and too high electricity rates.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt