Break The Vicious Cycle With Japan
Washington policy toward Japan seesaws between foolish optimism and deep cynicism. Japan is perceived as either just about to become like the U.S.--an open, consumer-driven market economy that imports like crazy--or an intractably closed, bureaucratically controlled mercantilist society that runs huge trade surpluses with everyone. With the recent return to power of the Liberal Democratic Party and the appointment of Ryutaro Hashimoto as Prime Minister, this cycle is about to begin all over again. Alas.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’