Treat The New China With Tact
Relations between China and the rest of the world are at a delicate phase. China is increasingly assertive, driven both by fear of post-Deng political chaos and rising economic confidence. Heavyhanded tactics surrounding the takeover of Hong Kong in 1997, Beijing's saber-rattling at Taiwan, and the sentencing of dissident Wei Jingsheng are all signs of a China determined to go its own way no matter what others think.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders