I Want My Century 21!
Leave it to Robert W. Pittman to come up with a catchy rallying cry for his sales force. As the new chief executive of Century 21 Real Estate Corp., Pittman--perhaps best known as a founder of MTV Networks and the man who turned around Six Flags Corp.'s theme parks--shares a simple message with the real estate brokers and agents he meets: "You either make dust or you eat dust." It's vintage Pittman. The 42-year-old entertainment-industry hotshot is out to reshape the Century 21 franchise into a marketing powerhouse. Not only will it sell homes, but Pittman envisions a "virtual home store" able to offer and sign up customers for a wide range of discounted home services--all via an agent's laptop computer.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’