It changed everything on the Net. The power of Netscape Communications' Navigator software is remaking the entire information industry. Thanks to fast downloading and enhanced graphics, it's widely considered the best "browser" for surfing the World Wide Web. Available for free on the Net, Navigator now commands 70% of the Web browser market--far surpassing its predecessor, Mosaic, which was invented by Netscape co-founder Marc L. Andreessen. It's a tenuous lead, because nearly everyone, including Microsoft, is aiming at Netscape.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders