Gloomy Days Are Here Again
Consumer confidence is up, and the stock market is at record highs. But instead of merchants expect a Darwinian shakeout in 1996. "The strong are getting stronger. The weak are disappearing or consolidating," says Arthur C. Martinez, chairman and chief executive of Sears, Roebuck & Co.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's