Exhale Blows `Em AwayBy
Call it a Christmas miracle. No one was more surprised than execs at Twentieth Century Fox when its Waiting to Exhale opened on Dec. 22 and immediately became the unexpected hit of the holidays. Fox had targeted its marketing for the film, starring singer Whitney Houston and three other black actresses, heavily at black women. Exhale opened primarily in large cities; the studio hardly even opened the movie in the 'burbs until after Christmas.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself