Ogilvy & Mather's Heiress Apparent
WOMAN ON THE MOVE: SHELLY Lazarus, the ad exec credited with snaring the giant IBM account for Ogilvy & Mather in 1994, was named president of Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, which oversees 272 O&M offices. The move comes as more companies, including Bayer and Colgate-Palmolive, are consolidating global advertising at one agency. "The consumer's perception of the brand is actually very, very much the same around the world," says Lazarus, 48. "It makes sense to use a single agency." Lazarus now is No.2 to--and the front-runner to succeed--O&M CEO Charlotte Beers, 59.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing