What's Spooking House Buyers?Gene Koretz
A lot may be riding on the ability of America's housing sector to bolster the economy in the year ahead. Residential investment is a bellwether--normally leading the way in upturns and downturns--and it spiked up during the summer in the wake of sharply falling interest rates. Since then, though, it has been losing ground. "The housing recovery has apparently stalled," says economist Lacy H. Hunt of HSBC Holdings Inc.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans