The Call Of The Wild In Western CanadaWilliam C. Symonds
Edward E. McNally, CEO of Calgary-based Big Rock Brewery Ltd., is fed up with Canadian federalism--and Quebec's separatism. His sentiments are shared by a growing number of executives in Western Canada who see taxes from their resource-rich provinces subsidizing Eastern provinces, especially Quebec, half a continent away. Besides, says McNally, given Quebec's high beer taxes, "it's easier to sell in the U.S. than it is in Quebec." He's so frustrated that if Quebec wants independence from the Canadian federation, he says, they should be told "to get the hell out."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans