Have Workers Really Got Theirs?
"Workers finally get theirs" (News: Analysis & Commentary, Nov. 27) was overly optimistic. The lone statistic relied on--that 70% of workers are in jobs where wages have increased in the last year--is meaningless when coupled with news that wages rose only 2.7% in the year ended Sept. 30. This increase is the lowest in 20 years. The only reason this pathetic increase outpaces the cost of living is ultralow rates of inflation.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy