Table: More Logic To Logistics
With a Bosnia peace mission looming, defense planners are rushing to reengineer inventory tracking, speed deliveries, and reduce costs DESERT STORM BOSNIA FISCAL `91 FISCAL '95 ORDER-TO-DELIVERY 25.5 days 7.1 days TIME TO EUROPE* INVENTORY TRACKING Key-punched Bar-code reading, manifest laser cards, radio-frequency tags WEIGHING PACKAGES By hand Automated FOR SHIPPING TRUCK MANAGEMENT By pencil and paper By computer AT THE DEPOT *Average DATA: DEFENSE DISTRIBUTION DEPOT, SUSQUEHANNA, PA.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock