Bears On The Rampage In BangkokRobert Horn
Holding a gun to his head, Vivat Srisammacheep sat on the mauve-marble floor of the lobby in the Stock Exchange of Thailand. As TV cameras broadcast the drama nationwide, the 49-year-old Vivat, who claims he has lost $1.2 million in the stock market over the past two years, moaned: "I'm broke. Bankrupt." Then, while exchange President Seri Chintanaseri tried to calm him using a bullhorn from a balcony, Vivat pulled the trigger, critically wounding himself in the neck.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day