A Banker The Street Trusts
WALL STREET, WHICH LOVED Frank Newman when he was CFO of Bank of America, seems eager to rekindle the affair. Analysts attending a Nov. 28 reception with the CEO-elect of troubled Bankers Trust left impressed. "Newman inspires confidence," said Lehman Brothers analyst James Rosenberg. And Bankers' stock was up 2 5/8, to 65 1/4, the following day, in part because Newman's comments reassured some analysts fearful of a dividend cut. The new guy has some problems, though: Brian Walsh, BT's co-head of investment banking, announced he will leave by yearend, and sources say
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing