Holograms Head For The Trenches
THE COLD WAR IS OVER, BUT THE MILITARY STILL CRAVES whiz-bang technology. To win future wars, reasons the Defense Dept.'s Advanced Research Projects Agency, soldiers will need lightning-fast access to oceans of data and digital images. So ARPA is picking up half of the $32 million tab for a five-year research program to commercialize a holographic data storage system (HDSS).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing