How Heavy Are Debt Burdens?Gene Koretz
Economy watchers are beginning to wonder whether the huge buildup in installment debt since early 1993 is starting to put a serious dent in consumer spending. Especially troubling in light of current retail sluggishness and poor Christmas sales projections are the recent surges in credit-card delinquencies and personal bankruptcies (chart).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks