Mortgage Time BombAmy Barrett
Susan, a legal secretary, is barely hanging on. A 35-year-old single mother of three, she is four months behind on her $640 mortgage payment. The reason: Her ex-husband landed in jail earlier this year for repeated driving offenses. That cut off child-support payments that amounted to almost half her income. Now that her husband is scheduled to be released, she is hoping her bank will give her a little more time to come up with back payments. "I just couldn't make it on my income," she says.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders