Fda Be Nimble, Fda Be Quick
Congress is finally moving to reform the Food & Drug Administration--cautiously. Senator Nancy L. Kassebaum (R-Kan.) is circulating a bill that would speed up FDA reviews of drugs and medical devices. One proposed change: allowing product approvals after one major clinical trial, instead of the current two. GOP hard-liners and some industry execs favor more radical deregulation. But companies are pleased that even modest FDA reform is under way at last.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster