So Much Hooey On The HillRichard S. Dunham
HOUSE GOP ROOKIES are making plenty of preposterous pronouncements. Representative Fred Heineman (R-N.C.) recently rewrote economics textbooks by declaring that middle-class people earn between $300,000 and $750,000 a year. With a congressional salary and cop pensions totaling $180,000, the former Raleigh police chief placed himself in the lower-middle class. After Democrats ridiculed him, Heineman took to the House floor to insist his estimates "were accurate for me and others like me."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Europe Stocks Fall After China Drop; Dollar Steady: Markets Wrap
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed