Murdoch Keeps His Eye On The Ball
WHO'S THE BIGGEST SPORT IN TV-land? Unquestionably, News Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch. Eager to attract subscribers for his worldwide satellite-television operation, Fox is putting $300 million into a new joint venture with cable giant TCI. The new business, with nearly $3 billion in assets, will combine TCI's Liberty Sports network of regional sports channels with News Corp.'s FX channel. "We have plenty of dry powder" to bid on premier sports events, says Liberty CEO Peter Barton. Fox and the new venture may make joint bids to air major league baseball, pro basketball, badminton, and anything else that delivers eyeballs.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single