Don't Devalue The French Franc
In "France needs a dose of reality" (Editorials, Oct. 23), you suggest that France should devalue the franc. A fatal recommendation: Devaluation of the franc would cause interest rates to rise, not fall. Witness the experience of Italy. Numerous devaluations have helped Italy solve its budget problems, but they have always made for higher interest rates.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’