The Rugrats' Other Parent
Your article "The Rugrats' real mom and dad" (People, Oct. 16) on Arlene Klasky and Gabor Csupo is inaccurate in omitting my role in the creation and production of the series Rugrats, Klasky Csupo Inc.'s biggest success. The article is correct in stating that the main character in the series is named after my son. I created the character Tommy, as I did most of the other characters in the series.
I also created the original idea for the series, along with Gabor and Arlene. I came up with the name Rugrats. I personally pitched the idea to Nickelodeon in 1989, wrote, produced, and voice-directed the pilot which sold the series, and was creative producer, voice director, and head story editor of every episode from beginning to end.
I have also received three Emmys for Rugrats, one in each category for which the series won.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Avicii, DJ-Producer Who Performed Around the World, Dies
- Deutsche Bank's Bad News Gets Worse With $35 Billion Flub
- Wells Fargo's $1 Billion Pact Gives U.S. Power to Fire Managers
- Oil Shrugs Off Trump Tweet to Rise for a Second Straight Week
- The U.K. Just Went 55 Hours Without Using Coal for the First Time in History