Table: The Christian Coalition's Power In Washington
LOBBY REFORM The group mobilized 250,000 people in 24 hours to kill lobby-reform measures in October, 1994, that would have required grassroots activists to register as Washington lobbyists. CONTRACT WITH AMERICA The coalition spent $1 million in support of the GOP contract. TAX RELIEF The group succeeded in getting a $500-per-child tax credit included in the GOP tax package, in part by flooding key senators' phones with calls while marketing the credit as pro-family.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt