Hoop Dreams In A Hockey TownMichael Goldstein
Poor John. Not only has John Bitove Jr., 34, wagered a sizable chunk of his family's food and beverage fortune on a pricey NBA expansion team, but also he has rolled his dice in Toronto, where history is hardly on his side. The first National Basketball Assn. game ever, in 1946, featured the New York Knickerbockers against the Toronto Huskies. The Huskies lost 68-66. One year later, the team folded its tent.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders