Would Quebec Survive Sovereignty?William C. Symonds
Laurent Beaudoin, CEO of transportation equipment giant Bombardier Inc., trembled with emotion as he addressed a recent gathering of Montreal business leaders: If Quebec votes "Oui" for sovereignty on Oct. 30, he warned, the "economic disruption" would be so severe that Bombardier might have to move jobs from its factory in Valcourt, Que.--where the snowmobile was invented--to the U.S. Beaudoin's speech drew a loud ovation. But it enraged Quebec Premier Jacques Parizeau. He accused Beaudoin of "spitting in the soup" of Quebec's workers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’