Professor Cardoso's Lessons Seem To Be TakingBy
Before taking office as President of Brazil last Jan. 1, Fernando Henrique Cardoso had been a senator, Foreign Minister, and Finance Minister. Earlier, he was a sociology professor at universities from Sao Paulo to Stanford to Cambridge. That mix of hands-on politics, public service, and pedagogy is serving him, and Brazil, well as he leads and prods Latin America's biggest country toward the 21st century.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses