A Bank Eat Bank World With IndigestionKelley Holland
When the news broke on Aug. 28 that Chemical Banking Corp. and Chase Manhattan Corp. had a $10 billion plan to merge, investors sent their stocks soaring. "What we've created is an unusually well-diversified mix of businesses, where we have leadership positions almost across the board," exulted Chemical Chief Executive Officer Walter V. Shipley.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Stocks Drop, Yen Gains as Investor Jitters Return: Markets Wrap
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States