Table: Most Popular Fitness Activities
TOTAL EXERCISE PERSON DAYS PER YEAR* IN MILLIONS FITNESS WALKING 4,034 FREE WEIGHTS 2,779 RUNNING/JOGGING 2,559 STATIONARY BIKES 2,234 FITNESS BICYCLING 1,483 TREADMILLS 1,418 RESISTANCE MACHINES 1,173 FITNESS SWIMMING 1,010 STAIR-CLIMBING MACHINES 972 LOW-IMPACT AEROBICS 724 * Americans age 6 or older who participated at least once in year, multiplied by their average number of days of participation, 1994 DATA: AMERICAN SPORTS DATA INC.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day