A Political Idea Whose Time Has Gone: Tariffs
Robert Kuttner properly challenges Patrick Buchanan to show as much interest in raising American labor standards as he does in protecting them against imports from countries whose labor standards are substantially lower than America's ("Look who wants to tinker with market forces," Economic Viewpoint, Oct. 2). However, Kuttner surprisingly fails to attack Buchanan's advocacy of high tariffs to protect American wages.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy