Out Of The Hundt
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed E. Hundt was banking on a 20% boost in his '96 budget for new chores arising from the telecom-reform bill Congress likely will pass this fall. Fat chance. The Senate rebuffed his request for $224 million, offering to keep FCC funding at the current $185 million. The House wants to trim it to $148 million. Hill budgeteers will likely split the difference. Now Hundt is bracing for dozens of agency layoffs.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones