Junior Takeover TerrorsBy
Lawrence Seidman and Richard Whitman aren't exactly the "takeover terrors" that Icahn, Kravis, or LeBow are reputed to be. But they have made some buyout hits of their `wn. Because of their large stake in Crestmont Financial, they took control and later sold the company to New Jersey's Summit Bancorp. They also participated when Summit went into the arms of UJB Financial, a New Jersey bank holding company that agreed on Sept. 11 to buy Summit for $1.2 billion in stock.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy