China's Litigation Boom
You might not think of China as a mecca of legal activity, but more and more Chinese are turning to their courts to resolve business disputes. In the first eight months of 1995, Chinese courts were hit with an astounding 697,000 such cases, reports the official Legal Daily. Of that number, 596,000 cases involving $9.6 billion in claims were resolved. An increasing number of the cases involve intellectual property, as Chinese companies go after rip-off artists within China.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’