Another Billion Dollars Falls Through The CracksBy and
Last July, Toshihide Iguchi let go of a $1.1 billion secret. Daiwa Bank Ltd.'s Treasury-bond trading chief in New York, a boyish-looking 44-year-old nicknamed "Tosh," mailed a written confession detailing an 11-year chronicle of financial deceit to Daiwa President Akira Fujita in Osaka. Iguchi marked the letter "personal and confidential." But its contents hit the bank's headquarters with the force of a tsunami.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day