3 Com Is Showing A Lot Of HustleBy
Eric A. Benhamou, chief executive of 3Com Corp., says he knew all along there would be a backlash from sports fans when he agreed to a deal with the city of San Francisco to change the name of Candlestick Park to 3Com Park on Sept. 8. He's getting more than he bargained for: from ill will in the Bay Area to nationally syndicated cartoons that deride the obscure company's rush for the spotlight. "We're trying to bring the networking industry out of its shadow, and I knew we would have to break a few eggs in the process," says the soft-spoken CEO, happily noting the 40 mentions of 3Com on NBC's nationally televised 49ers game on Sept. 10.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- OPEC, Russia Signal Global Oil Alliance May Endure Past 2018