Uh Oh, Dueling Job StatsGene Koretz
There's something odd about the signals being given off by the Labor Dept.'s two monthly employment measures. While the payroll survey indicates that employment is up a healthy 1.18 million since December, the household survey shows an increase of just 209,000--raising questions about the underlying strength of the labor market.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock