Table: Funds That Take Their Cues From Computers
FUND STRATEGY 3-YEAR RETURN* FIDELITY STOCK Complex mathematical "black box" 18.65% SELECTOR crunches reams of data and spits out lists of stocks with aggressive growth prospects at fair values. QUANTITATIVE Model sorts data on small-cap stocks 30.96 NUMERIC every 30 seconds, looking for value and rising earnings estimates. Turnover rate is 350% a year. VANGUARD Fund seeks sector weightings and risk 15.06 QUANTITATIVE characteristics of the S&P 500, but better performance. Computer runs 3,500 stocks through 30 models. VISTA GROWTH Seeking value plays, managers run a model 13.76 & INCOME monthly, narrowing down a list of 2,500 stocks, then following up with fundamental research. * Average annualized total return through Aug. 31, 1995 DATA: COMPANIES, MORNINGSTAR INC.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas