Suddenly, Services Aren't Such World BeatersAmy Borrus
The Japanese have their electronics, the Germans their engineering. But when it comes to command of global markets, the U.S. owns the service sector. It's the world leader in exporting everything from data security to crowd control. Such global supremacy allowed exports of U.S. services to grow at a double-digit annual clip as recently as 1991--one of the few bright spots in the U.S. trade picture.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas