First Interstate: Up For Grabs?By
Investors who took George Salem's advice last month certainly made a bundle. He sent clients an alert on Aug. 9 to snap up shares of Chemical Banking and Chase Manhattan in anticipation of a "potential merger." Events bore him out on Aug. 28, when the announcement drove up shares sharply. Salem, senior-vice president at New York investment firm Gerard Klauer Mattison, is now high on another bank: First Interstate Bancorp (I).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans